Thursday, March 09, 2006

Art

Sometimes, art is an escape. Movies take us through unusual situations. Music is a deviation from our lives (take for instance - "It's difficult out there for a pimp". haha)

For me, though, it's the opposite. All I've written - prose or poetry - is an accurate description of all that I am feeling at that particular moment in time. For those of you who have been constant visitors of this site, you may have noticed that I have been writing about heartbreak, pain, loss, healing, etc, etc.

But today is a different day :) I haven't written anything mushy in a while... and here goes. Guess I'm inspired. My thanks to Celine Dion. Hehe. "If you asked me to" was playing and this started to flow.

Untitled

The world spins and time flies
I look around and there you are -
Constant and caring,
Still.
Until now.

It's been too long;
You've been too far.
And I've been too lost.
Our lives separate, but intertwined.
Always.

Things change and we evolve,
Finding ourselves in a crossroad
Left or right, it doesn't matter.
You're going. I'm going.
In one direction.

Green and pink stripes,
A grecian setting and a rose garden.
This lovely scene on a beautiful night -
I'm thinking about it too.
One day.
Someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home