Thursday, March 30, 2006

My I-pod Story

I have almost given up on my I-pod. After 5 or 6 songs, the battery just shuts down, even after being charged overnight. I understand that it is the natural degradation of the lithium, probably compounded by my charging habits that caused this failure. Quite frustrating really especially when a great song comes on, and I'm about to sing (or dance) to it... then silence.

I need music the moment I wake up, as I prepare for work, and before I go to sleep. I can live without tv, but not music. Thus, these constant I-pod shutdowns are a total no-no. I have been meaning to go to the store this weekend to get new batteries or worse comes to worst, a new I-pod.

On one idle night, I googled and read up on lithium batteries (yes, I can be a nerd). "How to maximize your battery life"... First point was to make sure that the software installed is the latest one. Hmm. I decided to update the software, still skeptical though, thinking that if the battery is gone, it's gone. Then, I left it to charge overnight.

It's 7:33PM and I've been using it since 8AM...and it's still working. Coolll... Now Playing: "Why" by Annie Lennox.

Just when I thought it was dead and just when I've almost given up on it, it managed to surprise me with this renewed battery life. It just needed an upgrade and some serious recharging.

Just when I was about to give up and give in, I manage to surprise myself with this renewed sense of self. I just needed an upgrade and some serious recharging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home